Once the package is installed, provided you are logged in, you can visit /forum and start defining your category hierarchy using the ‘Create category’ button (also shown when viewing a category) and ‘Manage’ view. A category consists of the following properties:
- Title: The name of the category, used for both display and URL slugs.
- Description: A one-line description of the category. Displayed in listings and at the top of the category view.
- Enable/disable threads: Determines whether or not new threads can be created in the category.
- Private: Determines whether or not the category is private; when enabled, the category will only be visible to authenticated users who pass authorisation.
- Color: The accent color to apply to the category.
These properties can be set on creation or modified afterwards when viewing the category.
The following actions can be applied to a single thread:
- Rename: Change a thread’s title.
The following actions can be applied to a single thread or a selection of multiple threads:
- Lock/unlock: Lock or unlock a thread, preventing or allowing new posts respectively. The
ThreadPolicy::replyability may allow a user to reply to a thread even when it’s locked.
- Pin/unpin: Pin or unpin a thread. Pinned threads are labelled as such and are displayed at the top of lists.
- Move: Move a thread to a different category.
- Delete: Soft-delete a thread.
- Restore: Restore a soft-deleted thread.
- Permanently delete: Hard-delete a thread.
The following actions can be applied to a single post:
- Update: Change the content of a post.
The following actions are available and can be applied to a single post or a selection of multiple posts:
- Delete: Soft-delete a post.
- Restore: Restore a soft-deleted post.
- Permanently delete: Hard-delete a post.